Heavenly entertainment

Eeva-Kaisa and the puzzle

One big project normally involves several smaller ones. At least that is very much the case with Tähtipäivät, the project we (me and my classmate Neil) have been working on for the past few months. The event will take place in about ten days, so it’s finally time to put the theories in practice. This week we’ve been occupied with printing and we’ve totally fallen in love with the big printer downstairs.


While Neil concentrated printing out his pieces of art, I made a small dream come true: a floor puzzle about the northern hemisphere constellations. I think I made the first prototype when I was about 12 years old, since I’ve always been fascinated about star maps. That one was just brown cardboard and very small, this one is a bit bigger.

Since Tähtipäivät is an amateur astronomy event, this puzzle suits there perfectly. So, everyone interested in stars and space and spaceflights should find lots of interesting things on the venue next week! (And see Neil’s awesome art, too.;)

More information (mostly in Finnish, though) about Tähtipäivät will be found in http://www.ursa.fi/tahtipaivat2011

Eeva-Kaisa Ahlamo
IMP09
Read the previous story about Tähtipäivät
|||
Degree Programme in Media home
Read posts about the life of international media programme students (the IMPs)
|||